Classroom Rules, Procedures, and Expectations
1. Listen Carefully 1. Warning/Conference
2. Participate Positively 2. Call Home/Community Service
3. Be Respectful 3. Detention
4. Work Hard 4. Administrative Referral
5. Use Appropriate Language
1. Enter the classroom in a timely, controlled, quiet manner, gather materials quickly, and get seated.
2. Locate the daily agenda and objectives written on the board and copy them down. Ask any questions about the agenda or objectives for clarification.
3. Complete all activities and assignments given for the day. If you finish your assignment early, choose one of the following: read silently, work on AIMS preparation, or work on missing assignments/extra credit.
4. There are no restroom breaks during class. You have a 5-minute passing period that gives you ample time to use the restroom between classes. Do not ask to use class time.
5. Make sure you name, class, and period appear on all assignments and turn them into designated location.
6. If you are absent, get the agenda and objectives from another student and ask for assignments handouts at the end of the period. See “Grading” section for late and absent work policy.
7. At the end of the period, put away all your materials, including textbooks, in an orderly fashion, clean up any trash under or around your desk, and wait quietly until the bell rings. If the room is not cleaned up and materials put away properly, you will remain in the classroom until this is accomplished.
1. I expect each student to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times in the classroom. Be respectful of me, other students, and yourself. Use appropriate language that is formal in nature and professional in tone. Manage your own behavior and accept responsibility for the consequences of negative behavior. Disruptive, disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
2. I expect each student to work hard at all times in the classroom. Complete your assignments on time and take pride in your work. Take ownership of your learning. Put forth 100% effort to maximize what you learn and accomplish in the classroom.
3. I expect each student to pay close attention to my instruction. Stay focused during reading. Do not talk while I or others are reading. Follow instructions carefully. You may ask for further explanation, but do not ask me to repeat something because you were not paying attention.
4. I expect each student to succeed. You have complete control over your academic success. If you need additional help, you need to be proactive in asking me. I will help you succeed in any way I can. If you work hard, attend class regularly, complete assignments on time, and participate in classroom activities and discussion, you will succeed. This is your education. You will take it with you when you leave here. It is up to you to make it what you want it to be. Invest your time and energy in this valuable asset. Be excited, be positive, and be enthusiastic about learning and you will do very well.